This stands outside the village hall andwas designed and made in the village. The designer was Mary Lacey, a well-known wild life artist and the maker was Trevor Rumsey, a skilled local craftsman. The sign was unveiled in 2000 to celebrate the millennium. The design echoes Sudbourne past and present including
The church: The oldest building in the village, dating from Norman times.
The Suffolk Punch: There was an important stud for these at Sudbourne Hall until 1918 and these strong and sturdy horses were ideal for ploughing before tractors became widely available.
A deer: There are many fallow, roe and muntjac deer in the neighbouring forest and woodland.
A tank: This recalls the use of Sudbourne as a tank training ground during the Second World War.